Some of the benefits in becoming an active member of the Eimeo Surf Life Saving Club are:
- Membership to our Supporters Club
- Use of Club boards, surf skis and surf boats during approved Club training sessions under the supervision of a Club Coach
- Participation in surf sports carnivals
- All lifesaving training courses
- New patrol uniform upon completion of a Bronze Medallion / Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- Club functions throughout the season including the Annual Dinner
- Access to the Surf Club amenities including: change rooms, showers and a fully equipped kitchen
- Club Newsletter
- Youth Camps
- Nipper Programs
Please note: Club togs and stinger suits are at an additional cost to the individual and must be worn to participate on patrols and at carnivals.
Find out more about lifesaving at Eimeo by perusing our Eimeo SLSC Members Handbook 2020-21
If you would like to complete an online membership form which is signed digitally then follow the SLSA website link here: https://www.lifesavingonline.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/home/index.php. Please note that payment will still have to made to the office and medical/consent forms for children still have to be completed.
All members are required to fill out a membership form. Parents must complete the Medical & Consent Form for children up to 18 years of age. All members over the age of 18 must have a Blue Card (by filling in one of the forms below) and complete a CYRMS induction.
- MEMBERSHIP FEES 2020-2021 check this year’s prices.
If you are a parent/guardian who holds a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with your child’s name on it, you may be eligible for financial assistance via the ‘Get Started’ round of vouchers. The vouchers are to the value of $150 and can be used towards membership fees. Children can be aged from 5 to 17 years. The next round opens on 25 July and closes when vouchers are fully allocated, and the vouchers can be used up to 16 November 2018. Go to http://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/getinthegame/getstarted/ The number of vouchers are capped so try to source them as soon as possible.
Blue Card Forms:
- DJAG001-BC-Blue-card-application – Volunteer – (awaiting update) This form can be used as a renewal form. All lifesaving club members are required to hold a current blue card (working with children check). An administration staff member must sight your ID for this application. Blue Cards are valid for 3 years.
- Blue Card Renewals – use Blue Card Form above for renewals . Current blue cards must be renewed every three years. If you have a current card please check the expiry date. Renewals can take a few weeks so if it is due in the next month or two please complete a renewal form. You will need to show identification at administration for this application.
- DJAG008-Link-an-applicant-or-cardholder – Aug 2019 – (awaiting update) This form to be used if you obtained your Blue Card through another organisation.
- DJAG003-E-Exemption-card-application – Aug 2019 – (awaiting update) Please complete this form if you are Police person or a Teacher.
CYRMS: Eimeo SLSC is committed to providing and promoting safe environments for children and youth by meeting the legislative requirements of the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 and the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Regulation 2011.
There are three options to complete the Child & Youth Management Risk Management System (CYRMS) and you are required to complete this each year.
- Follow this link and sign in with the details provided below
- Download SLSQ App on any device (mobile, desktop etc.)
- Go to Member Protection (bottom right)
- Child & Youth Risk Management Strategy (second down)
- Action Plan – Where do we start
- Scroll down to the very bottom under Annual Requirements PDB Online Induction (please note Log in details are the SAME for ALL members and on this page)
- Enter login details and follow instructions from there
- Members to sit in on Face to Face whilst being shown a PowerPoint presentation (presented at Club level)
Please read our 2020/21 Statement of Commitment here. If you would like a copy of our policies, you can request a copy through our administration office. Please click here for a copy of our Social Media Policy.
For more information on becoming a lifesaver please contact club administration on 07 49696680